What do I need to do to arrange a bulky item collection?
You can make a request to the Council for the removal of large items including bulky household items, white goods and asbestos. We can remove the following items:
Bulky household items
- bed frames
- large children's toys
- fridge freezers
- other electrical items
To arrange a collection and make a payment:
Telephone 01902 551155 or visit in person at the following housing offices: Bilston, Wednesfield, Merry Hill, Low Hill, Heath Town and the City Centre.
How much does it cost?
- Bulky items cost: £25 for up to 5 items
- White goods cost: £23.04 per item
If you are in full receipt of either housing benefit or council tax benefit you may be eligible for exemption from charges. (Landlord's requests will not be accepted. Request needs to come from the tenant or medical practitioner on their behalf for exceptional circumstances i.e. customer in care home etc.).
What happens next?
- Once you have booked and paid for your bulky item collection, you will be contacted by the Council's Waste team within 10 working days of confirmation of payment to arrange a collection date.
- Items must be left outside the premises ready for collection for 7.00am on the given collection day.
- Assistance in removing items from properties is only made in very exceptional circumstances (for example if you are disabled.)
For details of hazardous waste collection and other services available follow the further information link below.